Monday, January 20, 2014

I Don't Even Know Her Name

So I have to say, that those days and weeks after Jared was officially diagnosed with autism were some of the DARKEST days I have ever experienced. 

I was numb.

Numb.

Days and nights ran together and it was all I could do to take care of myself and my children's basic needs.

Was this how the rest of my life was going to be?

Somewhere in one of those dark, dark days.... I somehow (and I can't even remember how) connected on the telephone to a MOM. 

A mom whose son has autism.

A mom who had been where I was at that point.

A mom who had made it out of that dark place.

A mom who was living life not just existing - and her son still had autism.

I don't even know her name.

But talking to her on the phone that day caused a tiny spark of HOPE.

And what I didn't know then but know now..... is that that phone call was the beginning of something new.

A new dream would be born -

it would just take some time.


No comments:

Post a Comment