Saturday, January 18, 2014

Life went on (cont'd)

And so we began.

On the journey to find out what exactly was going on with our Jared.

In a span of several months we took him to pretty much every -ologist there is, except a gynecologist!  (We didn't think that -ologist would be too helpful in this situation!)  Then at age 18 months, a doctor sat us down and told us that Jared seemed to have PDD-NOS.
I came home and hit the Internet.

And I was relieved!

"He doesn't have autism," I told myself.  "It's this PDD-NOS thing and we will figure out what you do to cure that."  Boy did I have a lot to learn.

And life went on....

but it wasn't getting any easier.  It was much more difficult.

We had Jared screened by the county for Early Intervention Services.  A team of 6 professionals came to our home - all of them at the same time - all in our family room.

It was exhausting....

the questions.... does he do this, can he do that....

the answers.... no, no no, no.....

physically trying to keep my sweet boy in the room with all these people.....

and when they left....

he and I were once again covered in sweat... again.....

he took a nap...

I sat down and cried....

No comments:

Post a Comment